1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony 28FX66 Blank screens

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by pandrew, Jan 20, 2003.

1. pandrew

pandrew
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Sony 28FX66 and I've noticed that while watching via NTL digital cable I occassionally get a blank screen (can still hear audio) appearing for a couple of seconds before the picture resumes.

I'm unsure if this an NTL cable problem or a problem with the TV. I have auto formatting switched on, could this be what is causing these blank screens to appear (TV is getting confused?)

Has anyone else come across this problem?

The other thing I'd like to ask is why the picture on this TV is fantastic when watching channels like BBC1, ITV but is quite poor and blocky when watching E4. Friends was on the other night and I found the picture was quite poor. Is it the way E4 is broadcasted??

Overall this TV is quite good but not perfect. Films are great, football not so good but watchable. It seems this TV or maybe it's all 100HZ TV's have problems with constantly moving objects. There is a slight buzz coming from the side of the box but is not loud enough to worry about.