Sony 28DX30 reception probs

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by cpark, May 8, 2001.

1. cpark

cpark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have recently moved to a new flat with the DX30, I can now only receive about half of the free to air and primary channels - no chann 5, MTV, sky one, eurosport etc.

The flats are fairly new with a shared ariel the reception area was graded as class A reception (the best). Has anyone had a similar experience with idtv?

Signal booster - will this help? or can I get the ariel upgraded with on digital with it being a shared ariel?

What to do next ! - any help much appreciated

2. paiger

paiger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had this problem when I lived in a flat. First you need to find out if the transmitter you are pointing at transmits digital (some small ones just relay analogue). If you are getting some channels this is probably not the case. Try a signal booster, preferably a good quality one and get it as close to the ariel as possible. Digital signals are marginal and you only need a tiny improvement to get a full signal. Maybe you could ask the freeholder if you could fit your own arial in the roof and wire it into you flat. If so, use top quality connectors.

Hope this helps

S

3. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Digital reception can be very borderline, if an amp fails it could be the aerial is the wrong group.

eg a Sutton Coldfield PAL aerial is wrong group for Mux D

41 1 40,43,46,50 are PAL I think!
    44 2
    47 A
    51 B
    52 C
    55 D

When I rented a bed sit the picture on the internal aerial system was terrible. So I bought an aerial and a bracket, tied my self to a strong internal fitment and fitted the aerial to the top of the window frame.

I existed there for 3 years and nobody noticed. ps I was top floor.

So if you are top floor pointing at transmitter you could try this, failing that hassle the landlords, if you are going to stay for a while offer to pay sometning towards the upgrade.