1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony 28DX30 cannot tune DTV channels

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by jfc, Jul 14, 2002.

1. jfc

jfc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've had the above for about 14 months and once i'd changed a few things to sort geometry its a good set in a half-decent AV setup (Mission fs2av and sony 1070 amp).

I use NTL cable so not much use for integral digital decoder. But it should work and doesn't. So I thought I'd try and get it sorted.

Problem is that it just wont tune in and find any digital channels since some10 months ago I plugged the ITVD CAM into it. Before then it was fine with free channels. Since then nothing at all. No digi channels. Normal analogue is fine. The aerial has been upgraded btw and as I say all was fine until I plugged the cam in.

Any thoughts? Quickest cheapest repair route?

2. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Aghh!

Official Sony service agent - ps tried a full power off yet?

3. super7

super7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I've got a 28DX40 and have only needed to do this a couple of times. Last night was the second time!

Came home from work and nothing! no DTT channels, signal meter showing low. I even went to check the aerial was still there (I didn't think of trying the analogue channels at first - I never use them now)

Turned it off at the wall, and 10 minutes later, truned it on and all was well. Strange....