1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony 28DL10U S/w update?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by LDJ, Jun 30, 2004.

1. LDJ

LDJ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    I took delivery of a 28" DL10U IDTV this morning and after spending a few moments setting it up (or letting it set itself up more correctly!) i'm hugely impressed.
    However, I just tried to use the interactive tennis service on BBCi, but when I select it from the main menu it takes me to the BBC help section describing software updates and how they may be necessary to use the interactive features.

BUT, i've looked through all the menus and settings and cant find any way to force a download of the latest software. The software update setting is switched to "ON" but I cant see how to actually force the update.

Can anyone with a Sony IDTV tell me if this is possible and how to do it?

TIA

2. simon1

simon1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    There is no way to 'force' an update, you will only get an update when Sony decides to send one. If you have missed a recent one, you might have to wait a while for another, as they only seem to broadcast between 3 - 6 in a year.

The tv set needs to be left tuned to digital BBC1 for around 2 hours while an update is being broadcast. You then need to switch the set off/on for it to take effect.

You can check the current software version by looking under DETAILED SETUP > SYSTEM INFORMATION

Details about upcomming software updates can be found at the DTG website.

3. LDJ

LDJ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    thanks simon. looks like i just have to wait then.

At present i have:

Version #: r.157
    Loader: v2.00

Anyone know what the latest is?

One other question. I have phono leads connected from the back of the set to a Sony home cinema system so I can take advantage of DPLII audio, but the phono sockets are one enabled if I go into the menu->sound adjustment->detail adjustment->speakers off.

That turns the on-set speaker off and enables audio output via the phono sockets. however, if I turn the set off or even just on standby this menu settting resets and the tv speakers turn themselves back on. is there any way to perminantly turn the speakers off?

TIA :)

4. LDJ

LDJ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Also, does it notify you when its updating?