Sony 2020 XH9005/9505 be on offer again?

jas111

I know recently John Lewis had the 55" XH9505 on offer for £699, i got one myself! Am incredibly happy with it. But... i need another tv for my move and did not want to order two of the Sony's just incase i was not happy. Is it likely that they will go on sale again at some other retailers before all stock disappears? Or will they remain at the current price until all stock has gone?

Last edited:

vickster

Distinguished Member
Who knows! Depends how many they have in stock and on order. They do offer 28 day price retrospective price matching g if you want to buy full price and then monitor. Don’t open and I think they may also do 28 day unopened returns

jas111

Who knows! Depends how many they have in stock and on order. They do offer 28 day price retrospective price matching g if you want to buy full price and then monitor. Don’t open and I think they may also do 28 day unopened returns
Perhaps i did not word my question correctly and will edit if possible. I mean will other retailers not John Lewis have it on offer again before stock is gone/not sold

vickster

Distinguished Member
Maybe, no one can really predict, depends on stocks. The £699 was a Sony voucher promotion iirc, did anyone else drop their price that low (other than to match JL)?
You can only watch and wait, or bite the bullet and buy before they sell out

jas111

Maybe, no one can really predict, depends on stocks. The £699 was a Sony voucher promotion iirc, did anyone else drop their price that low (other than to match JL)?
You can only watch and wait, or bite the bullet and buy before they sell out
Thanks Vickster,
It is a bit of Russian Roulette. I see Costco have the 65" 9005 for £869.99 which seems a bit of a bargain. Considering that supposedly has better sound in the bigger size too

Mallett94

Distinguished Member
You could try this for £650 from Costco. Its spec is on par with the Sony (mostly) and for 65 inches it's an absolute steal. I have the 55 inch version myself (moved to it from a 55 Sony XF9005 which was damaged during a recent flat move) and can vouch for it's picture quality. I would recommend pairing it with an external streamer though as the native OS is missing some critical streaming apps e.g. Disney+, Now etc. I have an Apple TV 4K myself and it is a great combination, especially as the TV supports 'full fat' TV led dolby vision.

Hope this helps.

vickster

Distinguished Member
Thanks Vickster,
It is a bit of Russian Roulette. I see Costco have the 65" 9005 for £869.99 which seems a bit of a bargain. Considering that supposedly has better sound in the bigger size too
The 9005 isn’t a match to the 9505 for HDR though if that’s a consideration. Although if no good can always return (but hassle)
Motion blur gets mentioned as an issue on the Hisense if using for sport etc.
Even at £899 for the 55xh9505, it’s a decent reduction on rrp

jas111

You could try this for £650 from Costco. Its spec is on par with the Sony (mostly) and for 65 inches it's an absolute steal. I have the 55 inch version myself (moved to it from a 55 Sony XF9005 which was damaged during a recent flat move) and can vouch for it's picture quality. I would recommend pairing it with an external streamer though as the native OS is missing some critical streaming apps e.g. Disney+, Now etc. I have an Apple TV 4K myself and it is a great combination, especially as the TV supports 'full fat' TV led dolby vision.

Hope this helps.
Just been on rtings to compare the tv's. It does seem the Hisense has some very good features and seems to hold up well even to the Sony. Defo worth consideration and more research

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom