• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sony 2.1/5.1 package help

J0e Musashi

I'd appreciate some help if anyone is willing, as I'm rather confused, and TBH a n00b at surround sound :)

I'm in the market for a 2.1/5.1 Sony package to compliment my PS3 and KDL-26V4500. This is intended for an average-sized bedroom, which happens to be totally square in measurements. I want to connect my PS3 via HDMI for gaming, and also connect my TV via optical for regular TV viewing. 5.1 gaming is the main thing I'm going for though.

Anyway, I'm currently looking at the DAV-F200 for 2.1 (I'm not 100% sure I need 5.1). I also can't currently play Region 2 DVD's, so this may be perfect for me.

As far as 5.1 goes I'm a bit in the dark. Sony have so many packages available that I'm confused about what to go for. I'd like the small "Golf-ball" style speakers if possible.

Hope those basic details are enough. I'd really appreciate some guidance as to how I should spend my money.

Thanx for looking.

J0e Musashi

Did a bit of reading. HT-IS100 for me methinks. :)

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom