• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

Sony 1300/2300/360/100... actual difference?

Slask

Standard Member
I'm located in Sweden, where some of these models don't even exist yet, so I'm looking for review information outside my borders. :)

HT-SF1300 is available here in lots of stores for around €405.

At the Swedish Sony site is the following models labled "New model" and the then their quite sad availability:
HT-SF2300 €590 (only available in one store)
HT-SF360 Not available anywhere, no prices exist
HT-SF100 Not available anywhere, no prices exist

And for the big question... except for different face plates to match different series of BlueRay players, is there any major differences inside the boxes, different decoders, major sound quality, revision of the chips that give a major improvement?
Comparing the technical specifications give almost identical specs except for some minor weight differences.

I am tempted to get the HT-SF1300 as the price is a bargain, and matching design is of no importance as it will be up and running with a Samsung 46B7070 and a PS3 for BlueRay, or I'll wait for the HT-SF360 system if that prove to be an upgrade worth waiting for from the HT-SF1300.

This topic don't quite match the description for "All-in-one Systems" as no DVD or Blueray-player is included in any of the packages, but a search for HT-SF1300 pointed in this direction. :)

RottenFox

Distinguished Member
1300 - standard finish.
2300 - finish to match blu-ray players.
SF100 - 2009 model, with different finish.

sony havent added anything extra to the mix with the new models, instead they seem to concentrate on the look, more than internal decoding, enhanced audio, etc, and besides, the 1300/2300,etc were probably the better AIO's on the market compared to other brands lacklustre attempts.
apart from that, and price differences, they are virtually identical.

Slask

Standard Member
1300 - standard finish.
2300 - finish to match blu-ray players.
SF100 - 2009 model, with different finish.

sony havent added anything extra to the mix with the new models, instead they seem to concentrate on the look, more than internal decoding, enhanced audio, etc, and besides, the 1300/2300,etc were probably the better AIO's on the market compared to other brands lacklustre attempts.
apart from that, and price differences, they are virtually identical.

I guess there is nothing holding me back now... ah, the sweet agony of spending money. :)

Thank you.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom