Sony 1272Q color alignments outs and adjustments don't work

S

stormdog

I have a Sony VPH-1272Q, everything was aligned and functioning normally and as I was watching a program the colors went out of alignment and the size of the image was reduced. Prior to the problem the image size was approximately 6'x8' and now the image size is about 4'x7'.

The color's are offset from each other about 6" and make a ghost like image of the red, green, and blue. When using the arrow button to adjust the crosshairs to line up the colors, the alignment numbers change but the cross hairs and the image do not line up. I have tride all of the various alignment options and setups, they all seem to make the numbers for alignment change, but none actually affect the screen alignment anymore.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I have the setup, installation, and service manual for the unit but am at a lose as to were to go now after looking them all over and trying various things. Is there a fuse or a particular board on the unit that controls the actual adjustment?

Thanks for taking the time. Look forward to any feedback. I am relatively new to the CRT stuff, but after having one installed for five months now, I would like to see it up and running as soon as possible.

Where did my first reply go?

Sounds like you have lost a contol voltage or waveform.
Given you are across the water I would send Curt Palme an email.

[email protected]

Spooky that's my 1209 th post on CRT. must be an s

Thanks for the advice, I have the same message posted on another forum and a reply that Curt Palme is a good source.

Would the control voltage or waveform be associated with any of the particular boards in the system?

I will take your advice and send a e-mail to Curt.

Thanks again,

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom