1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony 1272 has arrived

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by shaunr, May 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shaunr

shaunr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Just to let everyone know that my Sony 1272 has arrived!! I'm still in shock at the size of the thing (i'd only ever seen one on the web and can only imagine the size of some of those Barco's!).

The delivery guys had to leave it in the drive as the flight case wouldn't fit through the door! Anyway after much huffing and puffing it's in the house...now all i need to do is get it mounted.

I've given it a bit of a clean as per Gordons site, but to be honest it wasn't that bad...just a small amount of black dust on the power supply.

There isn't any screen burn, but i am a little concerned about a few fine scratches on the outer most part of the lenses (if indeed these are the lenses..apologies in advance). I called the dealer who assured me that this CRT had half size lenses, and the outer most face was just protection and this would not affect performance in anyway. Please can someone confirm this?

Just to recap, for my £900 i got the Sony 1272 (approx 1200 hrs on each tube),remote commander, flight case, unistrutt to mount it and an additional component input card (can anyone tell me what i would use this for please)... Bargain! (hopefully)

Thanks to all who answered my earlier posts (expect more soon!)

Cheers,

Shaun

2. shaunr

shaunr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Sad i know replying to your own post, but i found this on the AVS Forums that may help other newbies..

'It takes a REALLY severe defect on that "A" (outside) element to degrade the picture - it's more of a dust shield for the "B" & "C" elements inside the lens barrel than any thing else.'

They aren't bad anyway but it sort of puts my mind at rest:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.