1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sony 1251 blue G2 setting failing

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by beta, Jan 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beta

beta

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well no response at avs I hope the guru's here have a clue!

ok the projector was not used or fired up for just on 3 weeks, today I had to reconverge/align unit as it has been moved about 2 feet in floor mount.

Turn it on up it comes fine.

Decide to do the whole kit and kaboodle, and wanted to adjust all levels as blue tube is almost ready for vegemite, plus it looks a bit soft on focus than what I remember.

I find that I cant turn down the G2 on the blue gun. If you turn it down, it simply goes out of focus. If you turn it up, then the raster and retrace lines occur.

So I check red and green, if I turn them right down, THEN turn the blue right down, the blue stays bright and goes out of focus and the red and green come on to about half.

Now is this normal behaviour? is it something to do with the AKB line I see?

or is it a common fix? dried out cap?

Any idea's or advice would be great.

The unit seems fine its just the blue G2 appears a bit high to me and if I lower it it goes a bit out of focus, and the focus adjustment doesnt make it better.

:confused: :confused:

2. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,779
    It's ages since I've done this so can't remember but it looks like you need to disable AKB first. Have you the procedure for setting G2 accurately using a voltmeter? I guess you do but the blue is so knackered you are ramping it up for its last waltz.

If this isn't the case and you need the procedure email me and I'll try and dig it out. I've changed PC's since I had my 1251/70's so I might not have it on here but we can hope.

Gordon

3. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    I'd swap the tube end stages over (wires and all) it could be the blue tube.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.