Sony 1200ES with MS Alumni 9 subwoofer

outlaw-star8

Standard Member
Hi

I recently added the alumni sub to my setup, M71 front paradigm ch330 center, adp70 (paradigm) rear surrond.

On the amp, I have tried with auto cal all works fine, but when I listen to music I have to turn the sub volume to full to hear the sub. I have set the sub to LFE, which I believe means the AMP will take over the cross over functions.

I am listening to MP3's streamed from my PC and music via Sky+.

My friend has this sub with a cambridge amp and his volume is only set to half.

I am not sure what I am doing wrong. Any advice would be helpful.

I also have the 1200ES and today added a Tannoy TS10 sub, I have the the sub set on LFE and this equates to approx 3/4 volume on the Tannoy to achieve -1dB on calibration on the 1200ES.

I have the LFE Extension on midpoint on the TS10 (midway between music & theatre) and find the Bass on music almost too much but perhaps not enough for DVD's.

Last edited:

outlaw-star8

Standard Member
Hi

Did you use auto callibration on the 1200es to set this up?

So if I am reading this correctly you set the volume to 3/4, then used the auto cal feature?

Hi

Did you use auto callibration on the 1200es to set this up?

So if I am reading this correctly you set the volume to 3/4, then used the auto cal feature?
Yes I did, the first time I ran it I had the Sub volume at half and the 1200ES compensated by added the max it could +10db.

I increased the sub gain/volume to approx 3/4 and recalibrated with the 1200ES and it compensated with -1dB so I called it a day there.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom