1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony 11HT not for long!

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by laurie, Jan 15, 2002.

1. laurie

laurie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Last year I had the choice of either the 10ht or the 11ht?. I got the 10ht at cost price because of the 11ht, but thought Sony had rushed out the 11ht due to increase compertition from other players with their 16:9 displays. I believe Sony must be working on the replacement model now (assume 12ht) which should have been the 11ht but the only problem I cannot guess is which way they will they go?... is it LCD,DLP,DI-LA,LCOS ? what ever they come up with will be a great projector because the 11ht will give Sony time to get it right!! BUT if they stick with LCD and address the black level with the panels my 10ht will be off to a new home and I think the 10ht straight out of the box is fantastic as it is..guys it can only get better for us toy lovers
    cheers Laurie

2. Dangerous

Dangerous

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would agree the 10ht is a good bit of kit until you try to run an hcpc through it and realise that you can't get a full 16:9 image. Although this problem has been addressed with the 11ht I am pig sick that I can't get the best out of my projector and once you have seen the picture improvement with an hcpc you would know why. I will be at the Bristol Hi-fi show in February and would love to be able to give the Sony reps a petition to give us an upgrade for the 10ht. So if anyone knows how to set up a petition on this site (Spectre I guess) I'm sure there would be plenty of enthusiast who willing to add there names.

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Laurie,
    Most manufacturers respond to other products in the market place,I would hardly say the 11ht was rushed out-as the 10ht was selling for a few years.
    Yes,its the same chassis,but there are different optics,different widescreen panels,better bulb life,compatability with p.c.at full resolution,I believe some work has been done on the scaler and de-interlacer,3:2 pulldown and much more.
    Essentially a very different projector in the 10ht case.
    Sony did not have to respond with anything because the 10ht compared to other lcd projectors was almost unique-why change a winning formula?
    The next projector Sony releases though will probably be a dlp-and you can be sure it will be one better than the Sharp and the Yamaha-this is the arena that I think Sony will compete in next.
    But you can wait for ever-and as at now the 11ht is the best lcd projector -with the sharp being the best dlp projector.You can be sure of one thing with Sony,it will not want to lose the market share it has in the projector market.
    The big three-Yamaha,Sony and Sharp will be trying to outdo each other-add into the mix the new Barco dlp and whatever sim chucks out next,and you have some exciting things to look forward to.
    I thought crt would be dead in 3 years-I give it 2 years now!
    Doug :p

4. laurie

laurie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Doug
    Yes I agree with most of your statements but remember Sony and its pride sometimes get in their way when Dolby first came out Sony went out of it way to avoid paying royalty and tried to come up with its own noise reduction system if as you say they go DLP will it be Texas Instruments! and like the de-interlaceing and scaling will they do what Denon did with the 2800 and choose Silicon Image or try an inhouse work around and come up with their own version of "Pure Progressive" time will tell but both the 10ht/11ht are fine products

Dangerous
    You can add me to the list you see what I meant about Sony's pride in the above post a simple firmware upgrade but NO thats admitting faliure!!
    cheers Laurie