Sony 11HT Help!!

Madders

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Although I have just registered on this forum, I have browsed these pages many times and learned a great deal. I now hope that you can help me.

I have just purchased a Sony 11HT which has a great picture except for the top of the image which goes diagonally down from left to right by a few inches (even though the bottom of the picture is horizontal and the sides have been keystone corrected to run vertically). The same slant is also present in full through mode.

My question is: Is there any way of straightening the top of the image in one of the menus or have I got a dud projector?

Any help would be appreciated.

Steve

The most likely cause of this is that the projector is not positioned with its lens laterally central to the screen. You can prove this by accurately measuring the distance from, say, the top right corner of the screen to the centre of the lens and comparing it to the distance from the top left corner to the lens. The two measurements should be identical.

Even if it is not the cause, the simplest solution is to reposition the projector laterally (by trial and error) such that the image projected has parallel top and bottom, and then adust the mounting tilt to get the top and bottom horizontal.

HIYA
i have had the same problem ,even tho my sony and da-lite were set up using lazers ,i have contacted musical images and they sent me out a new projector on friday ,this one is much better but the left /bottom of the picture is still about 5 mm lower than
the other , i guess it might be a slight problem they are having , ive been into the service menu and used the (blanking feature ) to adjust all my sides and it is much better
http://www.ronin100.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/my cinema.html

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom