Sony 11HT and RGB input

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Pip_UK, Apr 9, 2002.

1. Pip_UK

Pip_UK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Due to s-video artefacts I have sent my RGB converter back and decided to go the RGB route for watching digital tv.

Anyone know which of the following will give the best picture? ... all are compatible with the 11 HT.

RGB scart to 3 phonos (sync on green)

RGB scart to 4 phonos (composite for sync)

RGB Syncblaster scart to 5 BNC (RGB +H sync+Vsync)

Pip

2. miro

miro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    From a DVD, the RGB+composite will give the best image. Well, for me it is. The 11HT strips out the sync from the comp vid signal so the rgb data won't be affected. Just use good cable and phonos with a reliable solder joint.

The RGBSonG needs an LM1881 type circuit to strip out the sync and added to the G signal, which can be built into a scart, or the new scartblaster or something like that from Keenes. Bit tricky this one.

Third, is this the Keenes thing? This connection is a 15HD plug short of a HCPC cable. Except for the BNCs.

My advice... use the SCART -> 4 PHONO (inc COMPVID)

Good luck.
    Miro

[Sony 11HT + Tosh 2109]

3. NB2121

NB2121
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After using all combinations, I also came up to the conclusion that the best connection is RGB Scart from DVDp to RGB+S (4 phono) to my 11HT.

Regards.

4. Pip_UK

Pip_UK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the advice guys

I already have component input for DVD's and the picture is spectacular. I just want to get the best possible picture for watching NTL.

Pip