1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony 11HT and a curve in the image

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by miro, Feb 23, 2002.

1. miro

miro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    With my screen up and image filling the screen, I've noticed a slight upward bowing of the bottom edge of the image.

The 11HT is ceiling mounted projecting onto a fixed screen. Keystone is on -3. The corners of the image meet exactly at the corners of the screen, but along the bottom the image curves upwards approx 1cm at the centre.

Its a small amount but obvious from the sitting level. Does anyone else have this effect? Perhaps its just an optical trait of the lens?

Miro.

2. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Look along the very bottom of the screen just to chack that it is not bowed top to bottom or even curling out from the wall which would casue this effect.

If these is any way you could lower your projector to get rid of the electronic Keystone usage you would see an improvement in the image.

Most lenses have some optical distortion especially zoom lenses, hence the black boarder round the screen.

3. zcaps57

zcaps57

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mrio, don't bother lowering your projector.
    your keystone is on -3.
    This small, does not make any difference.
    My keystone is on -8. And I've lowered my 11ht to make the keystone on 0. I couldn't see any difference.
    Keystone corrections this small, it doesn't really affect the image. This issue's been covered over at 10/11ht forum.

BTW, your answer's been replied over at AVS.
    :)

4. miro

miro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the replies.

I have a slight ripple along the bottom edge but not a bowing out. When initially holding the screen to the wall for hole drilling, the lines were bowed upwards then. It probably is optical effects.

Adjusting the keystone back and forth reduces the bow very fractionally. It's now set on -5. I will fiddle later with shims to adjust towards zero keystone. It certainly pays to look again after the installation day!

I'm off to AVS to have a butchers.

Miro.