1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony 1080 owners, Help wanted

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Dave Taylor, Sep 19, 2002.

Tags:
  1. Dave Taylor

Dave Taylor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    A local shop has been very helpful by selling me a 1080 amp on a 7 day sale or return. Now as I don’t know yet whether to keep the amp and I am being kind to the shop by not splitting open the bag for the instructions (which I believe might not be very good).

So can any body help me out with a few questions.

I thought that on older Sony models (840) you could adjust the channel levels (rear center & sub) for each input source and it would remember them. Cant seem to do this on the 1080. Is that correct ?

Also can't seem to find different LFE level settings for DD and DTS is this there or now missing.

If not the plastic bag gets it.

2. kelvin

kelvin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    I only have a 1070 but AFAIK the setup is very similar - I'm sure somebody will correct me if I make a mistake...

In the case of the 1070 the speaker level settings are done once in the main setup menu and stay the same for all input sources. There is no way of having the centre speaker at say +3db for DVD, and +1db for Tuner without having to change the settings manually each time... i.e. What is currently happening in your case is correct.

Again, this is normal - LFE settings apply to both DD and DTS soundtracks - there are no independant settings for each one I'm afraid :(

Hope this helps...

Kelvin :D