Sony 1080 Av issue

muppetboy1

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi

I have 3 year old above unit with 7.1 system attached, it went into protection mode the other day and reset with unplug and it worked ok.

Today not going into protection mode but only sound from sub no other speaker, same on all inputs.

Any ideas what could be going on.

if it had been going into protection mode, good chance it was overheating.

have you tried running test tones to all speakers? if so and nothing there, good chance the channels are faulty, again likely from overheating.

Has the AVR been well ventilated?

ok will try test tones, it does have speaker on top front but the back is free.

Can it be repaired or not worth it. What will have broken

I can hear the sub

running test tones will at least tell you if the issue is channel related, if that works, next step will be to test different inputs with different sources etc.
You have a speaker that sits directly on top of the AVR? is it in a cabinet or sitting free?

all depends what the actual issue is. i haven't got any experience in repairing AVRs.
Where did you get it from and was it from new? good chance it might still be under warranty.
My one was purchased from Peter tyson which came with 5 years.

started working again and also all speakers work on a test. Have taken centre speaker off top but sounds like something may be breaking down in unit or a speaker i guess

started working again and also all speakers work on a test. Have taken centre speaker off top but sounds like something may be breaking down in unit or a speaker i guess
Never, but never stack anything on top of an AVR.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom