1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony 1070 problem

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by nealb, Apr 10, 2005.

Tags:
  1. nealb

nealb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I hpe someone can shed some light on this one.
    At new year last year for some reason the amp turned itself up voluntarily after I'd stopped turning it up myself... strange, never done that before.
    It then showed protected in the display and shut off as it managed to go upto near its max.
    I switched it back on and it did the same again. bugger, not good.
    Turned it on again and made sure it was around -40db and things were fine although it didn't sound as loud at that setting as it had done previously.
    Since then the left front channel has crackled a little on any input and has since shut off once saying protected again.
    I'm using mission 710's or something like that front and 700's (or 70's??) back and surround back. Paradigm sub.
    Anyone shed any light on this or is it destined to the AV Amp god in the sky??
    Not checked the speaker cables yet but as they haven't been moved in about a year I couldnt see this being an issue.
    Anyone help???
    Cheers in advance.

If it's dead is the STR2000 all digital kind of replacement in the range any good??? Never seen a review for this ever.

2. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
    As you've been getting the 'protection' warning, check for stray cable strands, either shorting or touching the amps chasis. No idea about the spurious volume increase, sorry.