Sony 07MS tube quality - what rating would you score?

Chris Frost

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I spent some time in Scotland and Ireland recently installing and calibrating projectors. While I was there one customer asked if I could help him with some tubes he was thinking of advertising. 'Sure' I said. "Condition is everything, so let's take some photos with and without flash...

Here are the results. See what you think ;)

tubewithflash.jpg

tubewithoutflash.jpg

Personally, I think we have set a new standard on Curt Palmes scale.

To paraphrase Spinal Tap - "Yeah, but these tubes go up to 11" :D

we could always make 10 the benchmark for burnt tubes, and have that as the most burnt.

"yea but these go up to 11"

that is burnt chris!

Can`t see much wrong with it my self. How much did he say he was looking for? I have an old 350 that needs new tubes and a power supply:D

I`m also working on colour liquid filled lenses for the seleco range, hoping this will give HD quality. I will post pictures soon.

Just remember, you'll need a lot of liquid to fill up the space in those big black lenses. Try diluting washingup liquid for the green tint. I hear that works well. :D

I think this guy lives near you. He's a bit of a DIY'er too. Said his next project was a water cooled projector after he finished refitting the bathroom. I'll dig out his number for you if you like :smashin:

Campari for the red works well

Thanks for the tips boys:smashin:

Anyone got any suggestions for the blue tint?

Any of those funny blue liquors that you bought on holiday that sit at the back of the cpboard

Not to much sits in your your cupboards,apart from maybe dust if the wife away:laugh:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom