Question Sonus Playback, yamaha amp

Discussion in 'Soundbars, Soundplates & Soundbases' started by Derkster, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Derkster

Derkster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +265
    I have just moved house and I want to change my setup. At the moment I have a Yamaha 1030 aventage and kef e305 speakers and what to swap it all for a more cleaner setup. In all honestly I don't really use the 5.1 setup but I do watch music blurays and listen to a lot of music. Ideally I would keep the setup but it seems a bit of a waste!

Therefore I am looking at a sonus Playbar but I have read that it only accepts optical. I have attached a pic of what I have and I need to know if this is possible. As you can see I have a lot of equipment which I need to connect so I was thinking of keeping the amp but again, this maybe overkill, is there a cheaper way?

I want to be able to turn on any of my devices (apart from the bluray) and be able to play it the playbar. Do I need the amp?

Can anybody tell me if this is possible and how would I connect the amp to the tv and playbar at the same time? I am thinking I would need to connect the tv to the playbar using ARC but I don't know if this right.

Attached Files:

2. Derkster

Derkster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +265
    Damn autocorrect the title should read playbar not playback!

3. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,228
    Replace the AVR with a suitable HDMI (+ optical) Switch - preferably an ARC enabled Switch if your TV is ARC capable.

Joe