Sonus faber Lumina II Standmount Speaker Review & Comments

Dobbyisfree

Interesting that both these and the Wharfedales you reviewed have bi-wire connections, as this seems to have become a lot less "fashionable" recently.

dante01

Distinguished Member
No price or points given relative to the Sonus faber Lumina II speakers. Is this a purposeful omission or an editorial error?

Ed Selley

AVF Reviewer
No price or points given relative to the Sonus faber Lumina II speakers. Is this a purposeful omission or an editorial error?

They're coming. With items reviewed ahead of their official announcement, they are stripped of their details to prevent them being inadvertently discovered by people/crawlers.

Paul7777x

Distinguished Member
It’s hard to get used to SF making an oblong box.

Still, these are fine looking things and have some of the effortless style of Sonus Faber.

password1

It's good to see twin binding posts to cater for us bi ampers but im not sold on the styling. sound quality aside, they look too close to the wharfedale diamond 12 standmounts but with a different tweeter plate shape and without the ridges on the cone.

Jason72

Hi,
It's interesting that there was no score on these speakers. Ed did explain by saying 'to prevent them being inadvertently discovered by people/crawlers'. Not quite sure what that means but I'm sure there is a good reason.
Secondly is the issue for all AV Forums speaker reviews, that of running in speakers. I'm currently up to around 70 hours on my Special 40's and have noticed a massive change in sound characteristics during this period. At one stage they sounded simply awful, wooly bass dominating everything which has now thankfully improved but after speaking to Dynaudio Customer support they still think I need at least another thirty more hours. How can a new speaker review be accurate when they probably have not been fully run in, or do Manufacturer's only send out fully run in speakers for review ?
Gregory

socom23

people/crawlers'. Not quite sure what that means but I'm sure there is a good reason.

I think he means "Web Crawler". I'm English and only speak English, so its quite possible Ed has been hitting the meth pipe here and is chatting sh-it.

TarPot

Thanks for the review, Ed.

Have you had any experience of the SF Sonetto VIII at all?

iFi audio

AVForums Sponsor
Very interesting review! The leather wrapped cabinet seems really to create an impression of an "extra touch".

Paul7777x

Distinguished Member
Interesting that both these and the Wharfedales you reviewed have bi-wire connections, as this seems to have become a lot less "fashionable" recently.

Can’t imagine why.

Bi wiring is nonsense and bi amping is largely so. In general a better amp is a wiser move than two cheaper ones.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung HW-S60A + LG SP8YA soundbar & KEF LS50 Wireless II Reviews: Movie & TV Show News & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom