1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sont Ta-ve150 Amp

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by tommy tac, Jan 10, 2002.

1. tommy tac

tommy tac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have been given a TA-VE150 SONY amplifier with 5 speakers. The amplifier was defective, but I managed to repair it myself. I purchased a wharfdale M5 DVD from Tesco which has a dobly digital decoder built in. I now have a dobly digital and DTS sorround sound around my 21 inch nicam Matsui television.

1 ) Does anyone know the original retail price of this Sony amp and speaker package. How does this set up compare to say the complete DVD-amp-speaker packages available today.

2) I also have a rotel Hifi amp, denon CD player and 2 eltax speaker s. Is it possible to take the left and right channels from the DVD phono out and connect into the CD input on my rotel amp, but connect the centers and rear to the sony amp. I can then get left and right sound via my hifi setup and the center and sorround from the Av setup. This means I do not have 4 front speakers. 2 hifi 2 av. I also think the Eltax speakers are better quality, they do not have spring clips like the Sonys and are connected to the amp with high quality speaker cable.

thanks

2. hayamburuk

hayamburuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What was wrong with your amp? Mine is defective too, it won't power up at all. No lights, no click, nothing. Maybe I should check the fuse first...:)