Question Sonos ZP100 high level subwoofer connection to BK XLS200

rubber duck

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to run two systems through the same BK XLS200 subwoofer, obviously with only one system playing at the same time. The sub is normally connected via the low level (RCA) inputs from my preamp and on my main pair of speakers.

Recently I tried connecting the sub to my Sonos ZP100 and second pair of speakers using the high level connection from the Sonos speaker terminals into the XLS200 Neutrik input, with the low level (RCA) inputs from my preamp disconnected. This seemed to work fine but the sub hummed whenever the Sonos was muted.

When I read through the XLS200 manual again it mentions that: 'Simultaneous connection of high and low level sources'. So I connected both low and high level inputs to the sub but the sub now only works with the low level input and not the high level input from the Sonos.

My questions:
1) Is it possible to connect both high and low level inputs simultaneously on the XLX200?
2) Is it safe to connect the Sonos using the high level input through the speaker terminals given that the ZP100 uses a Class D amp?
3) With only the Sonos connected via the high level input to the sub, is there any way to stop the sub humming when the Sonos is muted?

Thanks all!

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom