sonos through my av reciever

diggerewd

Standard Member
Reaction score
Ok im not a av wizard so need some advice. i have a full house with sonos played through systemline ceiling speakers in each zone. The Sonos is plugged into a wall input socket in each room. i am having a full new cinema system in my lounge and would like to play sonos through the speakers on the cinema system and add the systemline speakers as my back speakers to the home cinema system. If i plug the sonos into the av as an input and then plug and output from the av to wall panel for the systemline speakers will this work. I have read up about the works with sonos products but do i need this.

Sounds reasonable but my knowledge is limited regarding your systemline?? Are these amplified speakers? What type of Sonia equipment are you plugging in to the wall socket? If it’s a connect amp or an amp, then your ceiling speakers are not amplified. You will be able to connect your avr output to the wall sockets to power your rear speakers as part of a surround system but you’ll need a different type of Sonos player to provide an input to your avr, one the does not have an internal amp, these would be a Sonos connect or a Sonos port.

I would serious consider looking at an arc sound bar with sonos sub and maybe repurpose your existing connect:amp or amp to drive the rear channels g(assuming I’ve assumed right!). It’s a great set up, very convenient especially if you are part of the sonos ecosystem already, and will be much cheaper overall as you will not waste what you have or need to buy more Sonos. It will also do your sonos and av in one nest solution.

Having looked up systemline it looks as if it is an amplified system, meaning you’ll be plugging in a connect or a port.

if that’s the case, what you suggest will work. I’d still look at the arc/sub set up.

It's a zp90, and the systemline speakers are 1 with amp and 1 slaved. The front 3 speakers are Q Acoustics Install QI LCR 65RP 6.5" In Wall Speaker. I haven't ordered a new av receiver yet but was looking upto £600 ish. I have always had onyko.

A zp90 is a connect - an old one. You should be able to do exactly what you are suggesting. ZP90 to avr, avr rear output to wall socket/amplified to ceiling speakers.

I’m no fan of onkyo, I prefer Denon or PIoneer but that’s up to you.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom