Sonos still the best for basic wireless audio?

brettstark

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have all my music in iTunes on a Mac mini. All mainly MP3.

I am liking for something easy regarding getting audio into 2 to 3 rooms. From my research Sonos still seems to be the main choice. Others are not as mature. And I don't think I have the room for more complicated setups like a integrated amp/wifi component and separate speakers.

I see definitive technology and denon and Samsung and Bose now doing alternatives to Sonos but they don't seem mature.

I want easy to use and setup and control from multiple things. All Apple. Mobile or computer.

So. I get some Sonos stuff??

Thx a lot.

Brett.

If true multi-zone is a requirement, Sonos would be the obvious choice. If you are looking at just multi room all playing same music, Airplay-based units would fit better with your investment in Apple kit.

We've been supplying Sonos for ten years now and we have yet to find anything that touches it for ease of use, ease of set up and all round performance. We keep a close eye on the market and try most things that come along in the hope that there will be some decent competition. Simple Audio had a good system but they have sadly now gone under and the other systems are still playing catch up with Sonos. Conclusion: Sonos is the best choice. Give us a call, we'll happily put something together for you.

....Conclusion: Sonos is the best choice. Give us a call, we'll happily put something together for you.

I don't completely agree ;-) but now that Simple Audio have gone there are not many realistic options, the problem for me is that Sonos does not support HD audio.

Support for HD is needed now as there is a lot of HD stuff around, Sonos won't play it at all you have to convert it to lower resolution and for me that mans Sonos is no good.

PS I am not interested in getting into arguments about whether or not we can hear any differences in HD audio, for me its about convenience, with over 1000 ripped CDs and a lot of higher definition stuff as well I don't want to have to keep multiple resolution versions of my music in order to play it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom