Sonos Ray Soundbar Review & Comments

I've just read through all of the comments. Some really good points there.
For me. The Underlying points are Price & Simplicity.. Yes. I know. Things have moved on and HDMI should be the norm as it adds switching etc, etc, but TOS, despite being ancient just works, straight out of the box, with reasonable sound, and with ZERO issues.
Exactly what the Playbar used to to do.

Just out of interest, what would Bluetooth offer that their app doesn’t for streaming?
First Bluetooth works even when the device reached end-of-life. Which takes a few years but still, it's sad to see a perfectly-functioning speaker not being able to use streaming services because of this.

Also, Bluetooth is more simple and straightforward at least on Android devices (I don't know for iOS): it works exactly like headphones, you just enable Bluetooth, and then you launch any app you use for music and it will transmit the sound directly without needing to use an app. It also allows people who are only visiting to play some music without having to install a dedicated app first.

Looks like a good, simple to use, relatively cheap option, if you just want to improve the speech clarity vs the TV speakers. Currently I feed the TV sound through my stereo HiFi, with floorstanding speakers, and for music videos, it's great, but speech, in general, is not so good. I would definitely consider buying this. I am off to get a demo first, though.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom