Sonos Playbar v's Yamaha YSP4300

KWB1

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I ain't sure if this is in the right Section...

Can someone help me choose the above soundbar as im torn between these 2

I like the sonos due to its multi room add on facility and the sound quality although has a major flaw with no HDMI.. so no advance codecs not even DTS

The all singing Yamaha has every feature going and looks the complete package

Does the painful design flaw in regards to no HDMI on the sonos start to ease when you start adding the Sonos sub and a few play 1's in the room ??

Has anyone heard them both together??

Ken

Cheers for that - but I can get the bigger 4300 for way less than that link...

The sonos connect looks a way round this so how would you connect it to the Yamaha ysp4300??

Ken

i would also like to know how the Sonos will connect to the Yamaha sound bar. Will it use the Sonon software too?

Yamaha ysp 4300 arriving in the morning

Initial set up and have to say I'm impressed with the Yamaha - it decodes everything including DVD Audio/SACD discs - it wont compete with my Parasound combination! but it wasn't bought for that

Cheers for that -

The sonos connect looks a way round this so how would you connect it to the Yamaha ysp4300??

Ken
It does include the Sonos unit though.

Digital out from the Sonos to the digital input of the Yamaha and then you use the Sonos app to control it

I did not notice the connect with the 3300! so that seems a good deal

So could you add some sonos play 1's to the rears with the yamaha - could they act as surrounds to compliment the yamaha??

Ken

I did not notice the connect with the 3300! so that seems a good deal

So could you add some sonos play 1's to the rears with the yamaha - could they act as surrounds to compliment the yamaha??

Ken
You wouldn't do that as the Yamaha creates the surround effect with its processing so you don't need rears unlike the sonos soundbar.

So why would you want to connect the yamaha YSP4300 to the sonos connect?

So why would you want to connect the yamaha YSP4300 to the sonos connect?
To add the music streaming functionality of sonos to the Yamaha. As a strand alone it probably doesn't make sense as you can always connect your iPhone to the Yamaha anyway. But as part of a multi room setup then the sonos has it's advantages

Did anyone tried to hear an Orbitsound system and compare ? I am trying to find more info about how their "spatial sound" patented technology performs against many other DSP based systems.

Ok after getting the time to set the 4300 up properly with no interferences..

I sadly had to return the Yamaha - I just could not get it to sound anywhere near decent - the sound was very flat without high frequencies - dull sounding in fact

My Sony RDP-XA900iP sound dock connected via Optical was far better in direct comparison between the 2

I'm at a loss as to how anyone would pay £1300 for the Yamaha - I paid £890 for mine but got a full refund

Ken

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom