Sonos Playbar sound behind LG CX

Audioconundrum

Standard Member
Hi all,

I just got an LG CX and using it with my Sonos Playbar and two play:1’s for surround.
I’m having an issue where the audio seems to be a tiny bit behind what’s happening on screen. It’s a fraction of a second but it’s noticeable when watching lips when people are talking.

I have spent hours playing around with settings on both the tv and the soundbar but it looks like any audio delay settings just make the soundbar delay the audio even further.

Is there anything I could do about this?

I’ve got very little AV experience.

Playbar is connected via optical directly to the tv

hubiedub

Standard Member
Have you tried it without the play1s in the configuration? There may be some latency introduced due to the requirement to have the Playbar and play:1's in sync. I presume you've played with the "AV Sync adjustment" settings on the LG TV?

Audioconundrum

Standard Member
Have you tried it without the play1s in the configuration? There may be some latency introduced due to the requirement to have the Playbar and play:1's in sync. I presume you've played with the "AV Sync adjustment" settings on the LG TV?

Thanks for the tip!
I tried it without and didn't really notice much differencec

I have played around by listening to lip sync tests at .25 speed and it looks like the sound bar is less than 1 tenth of a second behind the screen. It's becoming less annoying and as time goes on I forget about it. Bugs me though! :)

bailey87

It’s a well documented issue without a resolution as far as I’m aware I’m afraid

I have an LG CX48, Sonos Beam and two Sonos One surrounds - and I have the lip sync issue.

It needs LG to release an update / fix, as the LG TV is the culprit

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom