Sonos playbar - keep or sell?

h4rdc0r3

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm about to purchase a new TV.

Moving from an old Sharp 40" HD to the SAMSUNG SUHD UE55JS9000.

I have a Sonos playbar sitting in front of my TV just now and I love it but it is a bit clunky. In comparison to my current straight TV it goes fairly well.

I am worried about how it would look in front of the Samsung curved TV. I think I would have to raise the TV up slightly so the playbar doesn't obscure any of the screen (damn the screens going to the edges!)

I have my TV and playbar on the TV unit. Not considering wall mounting due to the possible movement of livingroom furniture in the future.

Should I keep my playbar in front of the TV and raise the TV up slightly?
Should I put the palybar on the floor in front of the TV unit?
Should I sell the playbar and go for something else?

Any other suggestions?

That's a bit like asking someone if you like hamburgers or hotdogs - it's subjective. Why not do what looks best and if you can't stand the sight get something like a soundbase.

I don't have either but as I'm thinking of home systems I can picture the same issue

Sonos do a thing so that the bar turns into a base so tv can stand on top

But expensive bit of plastic

The samsung curved sound bar is suppose to be good for the money so you'll probably be able to sell sonos and get a samsung curved bar and bass box for same money

image.jpeg
image.jpeg I have a 48js900 and Sonos soundbar it fits ok doesn't obscure any of the screen.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom