Question Sonos Playbar info

thorley37

Prominent Member
Reaction score
does the playbar have limitations with not having hdmi arc and only using opictal

mines connected to my tv vis optical and is linled with my apple tv and sky box works perfect also i have it linked to my harmony remote control

The most "advanced" audio format it can play is Dolby Digital 5.1. it won't play any of the HD audio formats or DTS.

It also cannot be used for any HDMI switching since it doesn't have an HDMI port.

The long and short of it is this.

It improves the sound of your tv immensely and is very easy to use and set up / integrate with other Sonos equipment.

If you are looking for the newest formats and all bells and whistles it's probably not for you

I have mine set up in my lounge and love it.

Guy in Fenwicks said Sonos are updating the Playbar in Q1 with HDMI.

Not sure if this is true but he was adamant.

Might want to bear that in mind as I would be well cheesed off if I bought a Playbar only to find a few months later they brought out a new one.

Ah for f*** sake :facepalm:

Although mine's works okay with optical and at least you avoid all the handshake issues with optical. Plus I can have each input setup differently for each of the inputs instead of just configuring one HDMI input on the TV with everything going into it.

Unless Sonos are adding high definition audio formats, what would be the point of them HDMI?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom