Sonos Connect:AMP and Play5 owners

figoagogo

Distinguished Member
Question... I am about to push the buy button on a Sonnos Connect:AMP (speakers are Acoustics 2010i).

I just have the niggling feeling that I prefer the tidier Play5 solution, but by its nature (compact) it won't give a great stereo sound.

Can any one comment from experience of either, or both of these? Main use will be playback from NAS (FLAC/320mp3), Deezer (Streaming Service) and audio in from TV to boost the sound (in this instance is only for a 2nd TV, I dont need crash bang wallop movie sound).

Thanks

amcluesent

Distinguished Member
The PLAY:5 is good for what it is, but it's a boombox not a stereo system

figoagogo

Distinguished Member
Yes. OK lets put it another way, how good does the Connect Amp perform, does it compare well to other "normal amps"? Is it worth the premium? TBH there is not much difference in cost between the 2. So its likely I will get the amp.

berkeley384

I though the Play5 was a real let down, reviews gave me impression it could offer great room filling sound. Personally I found it lacking and would say that any half decent pair of books shelf speakers and an amp would be a better idea.

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Music - as others have said go with the CONNECT:AMP + a set of speakers.

TV - you have to be careful as other than the Optical Input on the PLAYBAR the other Zone Players with a Line Input can cause a delay in the audio processing so keeping TV sound and vision 'in sync' can be a challenge.

Joe

breadmaker6

Music - as others have said go with the CONNECT:AMP + a set of speakers.

TV - you have to be careful as other than the Optical Input on the PLAYBAR the other Zone Players with a Line Input can cause a delay in the audio processing so keeping TV sound and vision 'in sync' can be a challenge.

Joe

+1

I have both and the sound from the amp is better than the Play 5. Not that the Play 5 is bad, I love it as a sound system for my bedroom, bit it's just not 'main system' good.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom