• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sonos conect & general connections

Quickoldfart

Standard Member
Sonos conect & general connections

Hello helpful AV expert type chaps

I currently have a fairly generic Samsung 40" TV, (PS42B451B2WXXU) & a Sky HD box
I will be getting a new blu-ray player and sound bar, (to be confirmed) and Sonos Connect

Question 1.
What connections must the sound bar have, to best connect it all up?

Question 2.
Which connections go where for the best set up of the above?

The TV has 3x HDMI, DVI audio in, Optical audio out, component in & out, (also composite connections currently connected to a nintendo Wii)

It seems to me my dilemma is, I will have multiple optical outputs, but I don't believe the average sound bar can accommodate anything like that.
Although I probably have that all wrong and I am hoping one of clever folk will point me in the right direction.

Many thanks in advance.

Pete

smokingreen

Hi, it is not entirely clear what you are trying to achieve?

You have mentioned a sonos connect and a sound bar, were you planning on playing the sonos connect through the sound bar?

amcluesent

Distinguished Member
There's some well known limitations and I'd only buy 2nd hand, but have you considered the Sonos PLAYBAR to give the soundbar and streaming facility?

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom