SONOS Bridge for trade up problem

LaurasOtherHalf

I have an old bridge that has been sitting unused, so I thought I'd use it for a 30% discount. Only thing is I now can't connect it to the system as the app only seems to look for a Boost.

I'm 100 miles away from a trade up centre so is there any other way to get it on my system?

coachdriver

Factory reset the bridge, then install the Sonos s1 app. Then I created a new Sonos system and selected adding a boost. Just press the button on the bridge when prompted by the app for the boost. It will then detect the bridge and get it setup.

if you have problems then choose the reset app option in the app.

Have done this for at least 4 bridges recently and needed to reset the app each time.

LaurasOtherHalf

I asked on the sonos community too, it actually needs another speaker wired into the system to get it to work. Did this and problem solved.

Problem is the bridge only gets you 30% off a boost not anything else!

coachdriver

I had no other S1 speakers and this worked for me.
You can use the Bridge to get 30% of other items including the Arc, sub etc at Sevenoaks Sound & Vision. You have to take the bridge into store and they record the serial number. Quick and easy and I have traded in 5 bridges this way to save 30% on 5 new speakers.