Sonos Beam

I am looking at options to relocate the Beam to justify an Arc. I have another tv on a fully articulated Vogel wall mount and am wondering if there is a ready made solution to mount the Beam so it moves with the tv. Any ideas?

This is billed as suiting the Beam and I think it might bolt on to my wall mount.

This is billed as suiting the Beam and I think it might bolt on to my wall mount.

I'm going to get this when I move the Beam to my bedroom. Bolts to back of TV (you'll need slightly longer screws to go through wall mount and bracket) so will allow the Beam to move on my articulated wall mount.

20200510_095319.jpg

Last edited:
Good. You can report back.

:rotfl:

When are you getting the Arc? I'm going to probably pre order from smarthomesounds on the 13th as they do 0% interest finance so i don't have to fork out £799 in one foul swoop.
I haven’t pressed the button yet. Probably go direct with Sonos and get the pain over and done with. And can return it if she kicks me out to a B&B.

I haven’t pressed the button yet. Probably go direct with Sonos and get the pain over and done with. And can return it if she kicks me out to a B&B.
I also want to read some user reviews first. I am hoping it will cure my itch for a Sub and with relocating the Beam facilitate the expansion of my Sonos ecosystem.

I also want to read some user reviews first. I am hoping it will cure my itch for a Sub and with relocating the Beam facilitate the expansion of my Sonos ecosystem.

I always wanted the Playbar, the lack of hdmi and design put me off. The logical side of me says wait, my heart and the fact i wanted to get the Playbar says go for it! :eek:

I've got one preordered, will be replacing my Beam. I'll be trying the test patterns program on Netflix first, interested to hear how wide the soundstage is. Got 4k UHD Bluray of Avengers Infinity War and End Game to try for lossless Atmos, numerous 4k iTunes films with Atmos, Netflix, Prime and Disney + subscriptions (if they have stopped throttling bandwidth).

I always wanted the Playbar, the lack of hdmi and design put me off. The logical side of me says wait, my heart and the fact i wanted to get the Playbar says go for it! :eek:
I've loved the Beam since I bought it for the bedroom, I bought it not really knowing much about Sonos, I wanted a small, compact soundbar that sounded good, to boost my viewing enjoyment and it hasn't disappointed, adding rears just made me smile more. I loved the set up so much I bought the same for the the living room, this room is over twice the size but the Beam has held its own.

I've got multiple streaming subscriptions and iTunes movies with Dolby Atmos so have been in and out of multiple Atmos soundbar threads on here looking for an upgrade to the Beam, so the Arc is a no brainer for me, I'm already invested in the ecosystem, I love my Sonos kit it just works (DTS isn't a big deal for me as I stream 99% but my Xbox One S can convert DTS to Dolby Digital 5.1).

Roll on the 10th June... Now should I take the 11th and 12th off work so I can binge watch Atmos content :D

Only thing putting me off is being an early adopter, any quality control issues or something. I am a what if kind of guy though, build walls, not bridges :blush:

@HaRd2BeAr this is why I've ordered direct from Sonos;

We are confident that you will love your new Sonos product, however, if you are unsatisfied for any reason, simply let us know within 100 days. We will pick up the product free of cost at the original delivery address (in the Sonos Service Region) and refund the full purchase price.

I've got 3 months to test it which also gives Sonos 3 months for app/firmware updates.

The good thing about Sonos is they don't have a yearly update cycle, so they don't abandon products.

@HaRd2BeAr this is why I've ordered direct from Sonos;

We are confident that you will love your new Sonos product, however, if you are unsatisfied for any reason, simply let us know within 100 days. We will pick up the product free of cost at the original delivery address (in the Sonos Service Region) and refund the full purchase price.

I've got 3 months to test it which also gives Sonos 3 months for app/firmware updates.

The good thing about Sonos is they don't have a yearly update cycle, so they don't abandon products.

I feel like Sonos release better quality kit as well than the likes of Samsung, LG. Their quality control is better and devices are released in a better state as they don't churn new tech out yearly, but that's just my experience. Although I did get the sub that died after 2 months :eek: .

Maybe I'll just wait a while, not like the Beam is awful like you said, it's a great bit of kit.

I feel like Sonos release better quality kit as well than the likes of Samsung, LG. Their quality control is better and devices are released in a better state as they don't churn new tech out yearly, but that's just my experience. Although I did get the sub that died after 2 months :eek: .

Maybe I'll just wait a while, not like the Beam is awful like you said, it's a great bit of kit.
I work in manufacturing, everything is made to a tolerance, things will fail, but it's what a company does then that counts ;)

I've got 8 different Sonos products and 🤞 no issues.

Is anyone running 5.0 with the Ikea speakers? Wonder if it is a good alternative or whether the Sonos rears are worth the extra. So close to buying a beam!

Is anyone running 5.0 with the Ikea speakers? Wonder if it is a good alternative or whether the Sonos rears are worth the extra. So close to buying a beam!

I personally would go for the One SL speakers, but that's just me, I think they are supposed to sound a little better.

How much of a improvement is the Sonos sub when I have got the beam and two ones for rears?

How much of a improvement is the Sonos sub when I have got the beam and two ones for rears?

It makes a big improvement, the lower end just underpins the whole experience. The Beam is let loose to deliver the dialogue and the front effects, it sounds crisper and louder. If you switch the sub off you can hear the audio from the Beam almost get muddier and quieter.

If you don't have the sub you'd never know, but you add it and turn it off and you do miss it.

It makes a big improvement, the lower end just underpins the whole experience. The Beam is let loose to deliver the dialogue and the front effects, it sounds crisper and louder. If you switch the sub off you can hear the audio from the Beam almost get muddier and quieter.

If you don't have the sub you'd never know, but you add it and turn it off and you do miss it.
Cheers pal are sound effects such as explosions and Godzilla stomps sound effective?

If you have the sub on 0 level (goes to +15 and down to -15) it will shake the walls :eek:

I have it on -6. So yes, it's a beast.
Wow can’t wait for Saving Private Ryan and a bit of in rainbows by Radiohead. Do you find music is much improved?

I'd have a sub in every room if they weren't so expensive. I wish they were more around a £300 accessory price range considering what they do.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom