Sonos Beam

Desmo

Distinguished Member
Was on Amazon at that price too I think. VERY rare.

tom 2000

Was on Amazon at that price too I think. VERY rare.
Yup. All over including Amazon. I dithered. If I can get this Arc to fit beneath the Panny it’ll all be history.

Mr X

Distinguished Member
I am looking at options to relocate the Beam to justify an Arc. I have another tv on a fully articulated Vogel wall mount and am wondering if there is a ready made solution to mount the Beam so it moves with the tv. Any ideas?
I'm going to get this when I move the Beam to my bedroom. Bolts to back of TV (you'll need slightly longer screws to go through wall mount and bracket) so will allow the Beam to move on my articulated wall mount.

View attachment 1296448
I’ve got one for one of bedroom beams that’s a corner mount and follows the TV. I’m sure it was a Sanus from Amazon and around £35. I’ll check my Amazon account for model details but have bee very pleased with it.

Only thing putting me off is being an early adopter, any quality control issues or something. I am a what if kind of guy though, build walls, not bridges :blush:
I’ve been an early adopter of Sonos stuff since it first launched in the UK. Started with 1 product, now have about 20. Anyway, in that time I’ve only had one product (a play 1) develop an issue And even though it was a fair few months out of warranty, a quick call and they replaced it quickly, free and without Issue. Buy with confidence if you ask me. You very rarely hear of people moaning about quality isssues.

Mr X

Distinguished Member

HaRd2BeAr

Distinguished Member
I’ve got one for one of bedroom beams that’s a corner mount and follows the TV. I’m sure it was a Sanus from Amazon and around £35. I’ll check my Amazon account for model details but have bee very pleased with it.

I’ve been an early adopter of Sonos stuff since it first launched in the UK. Started with 1 product, now have about 20. Anyway, in that time I’ve only had one product (a play 1) develop an issue And even though it was a fair few months out of warranty, a quick call and they replaced it quickly, free and without Issue. Buy with confidence if you ask me. You very rarely hear of people moaning about quality isssues.
Thank you, I am very tempted. Be nice to have the Beam in the bedroom too. Although I'm slightly worried my Samsung 32K5500 won't support 5.1, but we'll see.

HaRd2BeAr

Distinguished Member
Does anyone here have a Samsung TV from the K range? Not sure how old that is. I haven't seen anything to suggest it supports 5.1 over Arc or optical.

Last edited:

DEMONKNIGHT666

Does anyone here have a Samsung TV from the K range? Not sure how old that is. I haven't seen anything to suggest it supports 5.1 over Arc or optical.
K series is 2016, I did find an old Sonos thread that stated the J series does pass 5.1 so hope springs eternal.
The KS range does.

Last edited:

brobbo

Standard Member
Ive pulled the trigger on a beam tonight, I was contemplating a Arc, then was going to get the arc.
Then i thought id save myself at least £400, main reason being i have a 55LG C6, which im still very happy with, If it could handle ATMOS with EARC i would be questioning why im going for the beam but at this present moment in time its just not worth the extra i don't think.
If i went for an ARC id then be looking for a new tv which would then be costing close to 2k.

Ive pulled the trigger on a beam tonight, I was contemplating a Arc, then was going to get the arc.
Then i thought id save myself at least £400, main reason being i have a 55LG C6, which im still very happy with, If it could handle ATMOS with EARC i would be questioning why im going for the beam but at this present moment in time its just not worth the extra i don't think.
If i went for an ARC id then be looking for a new tv which would then be costing close to 2k.
I have the same tv but the 65 inch and a beam you wont be disappointed

indus

Distinguished Member
Stupid question guys...but I'm thinking of buying a games console for the first time, probably a PS4 pro. How would I connect the PS4 to the beam?
At the moment the beam is connected via hdmi to the TV.

Thanks

indus

Distinguished Member

indus

Distinguished Member

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LCD TVs for Movies, Laser Projectors, RIP Ennio Morricone, AV & Movie news, B+W Matt Damon

Trending threads

Latest News

QDC Blue Dragon earphones on sale in UK
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
TV licence fee now applies to over 75s from 1st Aug
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
New H.266 video codec promises 50 percent data saving
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Toshiba launches UL20 4K HDR TVs from £299