Sonos Beam & PS5 help

BigFotherM

Standard Member
Hello all, looking for a little help with my PS5/Sonos Beam setup.

Current set up is Beam to TVs Arc port and then PS5 connected to HDMI port on the TV. On the PS5 I have the system audio settings on Dolby Digital and the Blu-ray player settings as the same.

We largely watch 4k disks and there are no issues with sound on most of them. On the Sonos app it says it is outputting Dolby Digital 5.1.

However, several disks seem to be DTS disks and so we don’t get sound at all unless I change both the system settings and Blu-ray player settings to LPCM. The Sonos app then shows the audio is stereo PCM.

What I want to know is there anything I should be doing to get Dolby Digital 5.1 from DTS disks, be it on the settings or anything else? Or is that impossible and am I stuck with Stereo PCM on these?

I’m really not an audio expert so am a little lost with the whole thing to be honest. I don’t mind changing the settings before watching films but would obviously prefer to avoid that if there is a way to get the best audio available from my set up.

I’ve read through these forums and elsewhere and just ended up a little bit lost by it all so figured I’d post this and get a direct reply if possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: We review Dune and ask which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom