Sonos Beam or Samsung Q70T 3.1.2ch

AbujaBlue

Novice Member
I'm a bit of a soundbar newbie, but after selling my 15 year old Sony TV for a Samsung 43" AU8000 I thought it might be time to invest in one.

I'd be happy to spend £300-400, with an possible option of getting extra speakers some time in the future. Any advice on which of these two would be worth an initial purchase would be much appreciated. They are both around £370 at the moment, so I was wondering if the extra subwoofer on the Q70T makes much difference than just the Sonos soundbar?

Also, will the Samsung connect better with a same brand TV?

Haiko

I don't own the Beam but I bought a Samsung soundbar (Q900T) last year. I returned them finally and ordered a Sonos Arc. Why?

I bought a Sonos Move beginning of this year and the system is totally smooth. No Alexa audio dropouts, great software, perfect Apple homekit integration, no issues at all. I love my Sonos.

But keep in mind that there are some disadvantages by Sonos (high price, no DTS, no HDMI in). But for me the advantages are much higher and I would never by a Samsung soundbar again. Sound quality is not the only thing that's matters. Great software and a reliable system is more important!

JonJ

I got the Sonos Beam. Really like it for the price, and as Haiko says, super easy to use. And you can add surrounds later.

UMAR 3:16

I got the Sonos Beam. Really like it for the price, and as Haiko says, super easy to use. And you can add surrounds later.
The surrounds make all the difference. Really opens up the stage. I really like Sonos. I would have swapped out my main system for Sonos arc setup if it had even 1 input and DTS X

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom