Sonos Beam not enough

Lewisman

Standard Member
Hi there, I added a Sonos Beam (gen 1) to a 50” Samsung TV in my kitchen, following some building work this year where I knocked some walls down to create an open-plan setting. I hadn’t really envisaged getting as much use from the TV as I am though. Often in the evenings, we’ll be in that room, watching/listening to YouTube music videos. The room is appx 8m x 7m, and the Beam alone is under gunned. I don’t really want to switch for the Arc, as it’s wider than the TV, and won’t suit the setting. So I’m considering adding a couple of satellite speakers. I went and listened to the Sonos One SL speakers in a local shop, and I was deeply unimpressed by them. They had some Sonos Fives there though, and those were substantially better.

So, does anyone have any experience of adding a pair of Sonos Fives to a Beam setup ? Pro’s & con’s of this ? Would I be losing some functionality of the Fives by setting them up in this configuration ?

zabba

Standard Member
I'm no expert and still deciding on what set up I want, but I would have thought adding a sub would provide more impact than surrounds, allowing the beam to focus on what its good at. Can you try and return under their 100 day policy?

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom