Sonos beam gen 2 audio jitter

Edgie70

Hi all , I have a simple set up , beam gen 2 and 2 One SL surround speakers , beam connected via HDMI arc to TV , sky+ hd via HDMI to TV .
Occasionally iam getting audio jitter when listening to TV , happens once a week !!! I rewind the bit that jittered and the jitter isn't present ! Does anyone who has a beam have similar or can suggest what it may be ?? Thanks

norrin77

Novice Member
Same issue here. Sometimes it's a clipping sound, others it's a silence. In my case I'm using philips oled803 tv connected to sonos beam 2 via hdmi.

Best regards.

norrin77

Novice Member
You mean between second 1 and 2? Yes, I think it's the same. In my case it even lasts more, for about 2-3 seconds.

I didn't notice that on my regular tv shows, though. Just while watching Netflix or Amazon Prime. I'll keep an eye on it.

Still have to test with my xbox one s as external player, but in this case I'm pretty sure of having the lip sync issue.

Not very impressesd with Sonos for the moment... and not providing DTS:X makes it worse.

Edgie70

You mean between second 1 and 2? Yes, I think it's the same. In my case it even lasts more, for about 2-3 seconds.

I didn't notice that on my regular tv shows, though. Just while watching Netflix or Amazon Prime. I'll keep an eye on it.

Still have to test with my xbox one s as external player, but in this case I'm pretty sure of having the lip sync issue.

Not very impressesd with Sonos for the moment... and not providing DTS:X makes it worse.
My issue starts at about 10 seconds in of that clip

norrin77

Novice Member
Sorry, different issue then. Mine is just a mute or clipping sound for 2-3 seconds. Could be also a problem with the net, I'm trying to figure it out.

Last edited:

kcabhead

Yep..I have noticed sound drop outs when on Iplayer and normal BBC, seems to be getting more frequent!! Connected to a new Panasonic Oled with eARC

Edgie70

I have a video of the issue I have , a guy on the Samsung community had exactly the same issue , sound bar connected via arc and he changed his TV to a sony from a Samsung and he then had no issues , currently I've stopped using arc and I'm using optical now , if I don't get the issue using optical then I presume it's an arc issue with the Samsung TV like the guy on the Samsung community , seeing how it goes ...

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B Update, B&W Panorama 3 & Q Acoustics Reviews, HDR PQ EOTF/Gamma Calibration Discussion
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom