Sonos beam and eARC

Edgie70

Hi all , I'm curious about this , I have my beam 2 and TV connected via arc , been working fine , last night whilst watching TV I turned on in TV settings eARC , carried on being ok but this morning when I turned the TV on there was no sound from the beam , turned off eARC and sound came out of the beam , I only have sky+ hd and I know eARC is not needed for mine but just curious as of why it might do that , thanks

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
It can be good practice to power cycle the TV and all connected devices when you make a change such as ARC to eARC - that forces the devices to establish the HDMI 'network' of communication and make any required changes on individual devices.

Joe

Edgie70

It can be good practice to power cycle the TV and all connected devices when you make a change such as ARC to eARC - that forces the devices to establish the HDMI 'network' of communication and make any required changes on individual devices.

Joe
Hi Joe , thanks for your reply, I pulled the plug on the TV for 5 minutes yesterday but I'll do it again but I'll unplug the beam and surrounds too , thanks

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Ideally with everything powered off at the wall you then power the TV on first and wait a minute, then power on the Beam wait a minute then repeat with any source devices.

The TV is the Hub of the eARC network and can take a bit of time setting up the network as it finds new devices.

Joe

Edgie70

Shall I actually power on the TV ( screen on ) then beam or just switch on on the wall before I switch on the beam ?

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Power the TV On rather than just into Standby with the Beam and all other devices fully Off (not in standby) then after a wait power the Beam On and repeat with the other devices.

Joe

Edgie70

Power the TV On rather than just into Standby with the Beam and all other devices fully Off (not in standby) then after a wait power the Beam On and repeat with the other devices.

Joe
Morning Joe , I just wanted to thank you for your advice regarding this , it's been nearly 2 weeks and my Sonos has been ok with eARC turned on in TV settings, thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN800B 8K TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom