Sonos Beam advice

BigFotherM

Standard Member
Not at my PS5 to check, but you'll want to send bitstream audio and select Dolby Digital. Then when playing a 4K Blu-ray, check the player app that the audio is set to bitstream. You should then see Dolby Digital in the Sonos app for audio in to the Beam.
Righto, thanks. If I was playing blu-rays/4k disks with DTS, would I still get sound with those settings? I'm aware the Beam doesn't support it so I'm stuck, just curious what's the best to do. It's not really an issue if I have to change it every time, just obviously preferable if I don't have to.

BigTelHols

Righto, thanks. If I was playing blu-rays/4k disks with DTS, would I still get sound with those settings? I'm aware the Beam doesn't support it so I'm stuck, just curious what's the best to do. It's not really an issue if I have to change it every time, just obviously preferable if I don't have to.
The PS4 was able to convert DTS soundtracks to Dolby Digital, I've never tried watching a dvd on the PS5 so can't say for sure but I'd be surprised if it couldn't do the same. This way you'll always get Dolby Digital 5.1 audio from your PS5.

BigFotherM

Standard Member
The PS4 was able to convert DTS soundtracks to Dolby Digital, I've never tried watching a dvd on the PS5 so can't say for sure but I'd be surprised if it couldn't do the same. This way you'll always get Dolby Digital 5.1 audio from your PS5.
From what I can tell, the PS5 doesn't do it.

TheViper101

No just tested and it can't do it. I've bypassed the TV on my setup and the max I can get is 2.0. The PS3 was able to convert DTS to 5.1 via the optical out but sadly the PS5 doesn't.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom