• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sonos Beam (+2x IKEA Symfonisk) vs Samsung HW-70R

grogi

Established Member
What to get?

What I like about Samsung over Sonos is Atmos, DTS and DTS-X support.
What I like about Sonos setup is that I did actually listen to the Beam it in my room and I'd get a full surround speakers. I would get Google Assistant in the package as well.

Or maybe I should at something else at similar price point of ~€500. ?

Ollie3000

Standard Member
What did you go for in the end? I'm leaning toward the beam as it's better for music but there isn't really an ideal choice as no DTS or virtual atmos is annoying

grogi

Established Member
Initially I've picked up Sonos Beam, but I was not really happy with it to say the least. I was very dissapointed.

Firstly, Google Assistant integration was garbage. Microphones didn't pick half of what I was saying and when they did, it had 50% of IQ of genuine Google speaker.

Secondly, it didn't really sound that good in my room. I am not sure what the problem was. Might even been a damaged driver, don't know.

It also had issues with HDMI link with my LG TV as well, app was constantly complaining about not being able to set it up despite sound coming from the bar. On top of that Beam uses the HDMI-CEC in a weird way, which prevented me from switching sound output to Headphones - it would flip back to HDMI-ARC after a few seconds.

After a few days of playing with it, I returned it.

By the time this was refunded, the deal for HW-Q70R I had my eyes on was gone and I wasn't going to pay the regular price for HW-Q70T. I was lucky enough to find a used HW-F751 locally for €70 - which I am very happy at the moment :)

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom