Sonos arc two monitors

jamiequ1

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys
Not sure this is the right pjj ok ace to ask this , i have a lcd display and a projector I don’t watch both at the same time but wanted to connect both to my sonos arc , at the moment I have to have the lcd on behind the projector screen for sound , is there a way to split the hdmi out of the arc to both monsters do whichever one is on I get sound?
Thanks
J

The Sonos ARC according to their site has an optical input so you could try a HDMI audio extractor with optical and use that to feed audio into the Sonos.

You might have to switch inputs on the Sonos between the optical and HDMI-ARC.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Hi
No it’s one or the other , that’s for older TVs etc
Thanks

I have the Arc, 2 Play 1's and a Sub, I feed from Sky HD, Shield Pro and ATV4K via a switch to a HDFury Arcana, earc out of the Arcana goes to the Arc and HDMI out of Arcana to a manual 2 way switch that feeds both a Plasma and PJ via their ARC ports - works perfectly.

Thanks sounds a bit confusing, could you break it down a little more

Sure - sources are Sky HD, Shield Pro TV and Apple TV 4k these feed into a 4 in (only 3 ways used) 1 out HDMI switch that auto selects the right input as the relevant source is powered on, the output of this auto switch feeds into the HDFury Arcana (my TV and PJ are 1080p and dont pass atmos so I need the Arcana) the Arcarna has 2 outputs one is a eArc output that goes straight to the Sonos Arc and the other is HDMI video downscaled by the Arcana to 1080p - this feeds a 1 input 2 output push button activated splitter, 1 output of this feeds the TV the other the PJ and I select what to feed by manually pressing the button. I dont use any TV apps built in or watch terrestrial at all. All CEC control works as it should.

Ok get it thanks , I have a sky q box , hdmi to the tv then the sonos ark straight to tv , only one hdmi on the sky so can’t put the projector into it , I suppose I’d have to put the ark into the sky box using the hdmi to optical, then have a switcher , can’t think of anything else

Ok get it thanks , I have a sky q box , hdmi to the tv then the sonos ark straight to tv , only one hdmi on the sky so can’t put the projector into it , I suppose I’d have to put the ark into the sky box using the hdmi to optical, then have a switcher , can’t think of anything else
You don't get Atmos with optical.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom