sonos arc surround vs b97 and hw-q950a

TomVH

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am looking for a setup where i can enjoy music, watch a movie and play a game with some immersion, nothing difficult.

Because my gf does not like having two tall speakers next and a big frontspeaker under the tv ( a sony X950H ), i am looking at a soundbar, sub and 2 rear speakers as alternative, but have some questions.

• am i correct in my assumption that a soundbar, sub and 2 rears can match with a receiver, front, sub and 2 rear speakers in terms of surround experience and overall sound quality ?
  • currently i am testing the sonos arc with sub and 2 one SL rear speakers because i wanted the best, but am not impressed in what i am getting for +2000 euro. Why should i choose the +2000 euro sonos system over the Philips B97 or the samsung hw-q950H that are less then half the price ?
  • I am not convinced that atmos is something that you want. I have not experienced any demo's that make atmos performance a deciding factor. Unless you have 2 speakers on your ceiling, it isn't worth it. Am i correct ?

Thank you for your input,
Tom.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom