Sonos Arc or Philips B97

Mefarrar

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

So I'm looking at upgrading my 6 year old Sony soundbar to one with Dolby Atmos. At first I was thinking the Sonos Arc but then I see there have been alot of problems with lip sync when playing virgin and sky box etc so that has put me off, not sure if this issue has been resolved but saw some quite recent posts complaining about it. So I like the Jbl with the detachable surround speakers but see that the audio isn't that great looking at the reviews, so I came across the Philips B97 which spec wise sounds very good but can't seem to find a single review which is rather worrying when spending that amount of money and it seems to have been out for a little while so quite odd, not even one youtube video or anything... Can anyone offer any advice or any other suggestions?

Hi, I am also in the same position. I'm thinking the JBL but really like the looks of the Philips B97. Like you I can't find any reviews at all, other than the intro kind of things. I contacted Philips via Twitter and explained that forming out nearly 1k for some kit I can't find a review for is a tad mental. They did confirm that only one retailer had it, AO.

Hi, I am also in the same position. I'm thinking the JBL but really like the looks of the Philips B97. Like you I can't find any reviews at all, other than the intro kind of things. I contacted Philips via Twitter and explained that forming out nearly 1k for some kit I can't find a review for is a tad mental. They did confirm that only one retailer had it, AO.
Yeah especially when you can't even listen to it before you buy

Have a look at the B97 thread, there are some issues with this soundbar and Philips need to fix them.I have made my thoughts clear, I wouldnt touch it or spend that much on a product until it's sorted.

Have a look at the B97 thread, there are some issues with this soundbar and Philips need to fix them.I have made my thoughts clear, I wouldnt touch it or spend that much on a product until it's sorted.
Yeah I have been having a look on there, looks like there's a firmware fix for the main issue with the sub noise, but perhaps also so quality issues. Unfortunately also issues with the Arc

Beosound stage anyone? cracking audio quality and 0 issues.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom