Sonos Arc, LG C1, PS5, Panasonic UB820..any issue?

Sokrates80

Novice Member
Hi everyone,
I own an LG C1 65” and it is connected to a PS5 and a BD player Panasonic UB820. I want to enhance a bit the sound and while I know an AV Receiver would be great, at the moment I don’t have space for that (not even bookshelf speakers in a 2.0 config). So I’m looking for a soundbar and after reading a bit on the topic my top one choice would be the SONOS ARC. Now my problem is that there have been a number of updates on both PS5 and the Sonos Arc lately and that makes difficult for me to understand if all the issue with lip sync or Dolby Atmos not being correctly processed are still there (I know that DTS pass through is not supported by the tv but it is not a big deal for me). So may I have any feedback from someone with the same configuration on his experience/pain points? Especially with the TV in game mode and the PS5.
Thanks in advance!

HongTae

Hi everyone,
I own an LG C1 65” and it is connected to a PS5 and a BD player Panasonic UB820. I want to enhance a bit the sound and while I know an AV Receiver would be great, at the moment I don’t have space for that (not even bookshelf speakers in a 2.0 config). So I’m looking for a soundbar and after reading a bit on the topic my top one choice would be the SONOS ARC. Now my problem is that there have been a number of updates on both PS5 and the Sonos Arc lately and that makes difficult for me to understand if all the issue with lip sync or Dolby Atmos not being correctly processed are still there (I know that DTS pass through is not supported by the tv but it is not a big deal for me). So may I have any feedback from someone with the same configuration on his experience/pain points? Especially with the TV in game mode and the PS5.
Thanks in advance!
Since The Sonos Arc doesn't support DTS as I know, You can plug a HDMI Cable of your PS5 into a Sound bar or If your TV Support E-ARC / Plug a HDMI of your Sound bar into HDMI3 (E-ARC) and Plug a HDMI of Your PS5 into other HDMI Slots.
And then in sound settings in PS5, Select LPCM.

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
I suspect any potential issue with eARC or ARC will be down to the TV rather than the Soundbar or Source devices.

If eARC or ARC are a problem you can instead you the TV Optical Out via the SONOS supplied Optical to HDMI adapter.

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom