Question Sonos Arc - Does it require a square room?

PhysioBob

Novice Member
I'm considering purchasing a Sonos Arc and a pair of Sonos One SL's. Some of the reviews I have read suggest that for the left and right Arc channels to work properly you need a square room, ie the left and right channels ideally should bounce off the walls. Is this true?

Please see my proposed setup, would this be suitable for an Arc or do I need separate surround sound speakers?

Many thanks in advance.

1596320355707.png

PhysioBob

Novice Member
Hi Steve, no feedback disappointingly from this forum but I did from the Sonos community forum - see link below

I would be interested in any thoughts you may have on this set up?

Cheers
Bob

stvnshrmptn

Standard Member
Hi Bob,

I went for it and ordered the Arc! It arrived last Thursday, and I've been thoroughly impressed. Difficult to know if I'm missing anything due to the shape of my room, but I'm happy with how it's performing.

Steve

PhysioBob

Novice Member
Hi Steve,

Thanks for your reply. Great to hear you're impressed with the sound. I think I may follow you and go for the Sonos set up.

Many thanks

Bob

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Any form of ‘Open plan’ room makes surround sound difficult to achieve no matter what tech you employ.

Adding the Surround speakers to a Soundbar is going to help a bit but one side of your room being ‘open’ is going to be problematic.

Joe

Chillie6

Distinguished Member
Hi Steve, no feedback disappointingly from this forum but I did from the Sonos community forum - see link below

I would be interested in any thoughts you may have on this set up?

Cheers
Bob
Sorry you did not get the feedback you expected from the forum. Can I point you to this thread Sonos Arc - 5.0.2 Dolby Atmos soundbar There are a lot of Sonos Arc owners there that are more than happy to help with any questions you may have.
I have the full system, arc, one SLs as surrounds and the sub. Mine is not ideally sited as it sits in an alcove.
7E08C35E-9B2F-4108-B093-0FE73EE28CD1.jpeg

I have the sub behind the tv stand and the surrounds behind the rear seating position. I am more than happy with the performance achieved. Hope that you have not been put of by your experience, and that you share your user experiences. :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom