Sonos Arc - 5.0.2 Dolby Atmos soundbar

D-Line's smallest round trunking is perfect for a single run of a Sonos power cable and it paints really well. Much neater than just running the cable down, even if you paint jt in. Be careful with the placement, however as the adhesive is VERY strong and it's not coming off without pulling wallpaper or paint with it. Put in on the darker wall - even though its small you'll still get a shadow that should be less obvious on the purple.

Picture of my newly installed (refurbished) Play 1 as a surround. I replaced a full 5.1 system with Arc+Sub+surrounds. Mounted the Play1 higher than the previous speaker as on the other side there is some new (to us) furniture that I need to get above. Need to do something with the trunking to hide the rest of the cable and patch over the old holes, but installing the Flexson mount for the one was very easy.

Quality wise I had a reasonable amp (Sony STR-DN1080) but very old speakers/sub - Sony again from 20 years ago. The Sonos setup is a much nicer sound to my ears - warmer in the middle, and a lot of dynamic range - so much in fact that for TV we have the 'night mode' compressor on most of the time.

TV is LG65C8 - so ARC not eARC, but most of what we watch is broadcast or streamed so no real problem there. I do have the HDFury Arcana on order though to squeeze the last extra bit out of it.

Attachments

• IMG_1335.jpeg
    IMG_1335.jpeg
    257.8 KB · Views: 170
So I got my Arc and SLs (sub is on back order so without that at the mo) today and got them setup. Setup was a breeze using the app.

Though I connected it up how it should be (TV EARC to Sonos Arc EARC) I wasn't getting Atmos on either Netflix on Apple TV or the TVs Netflix app.

It turns out this Muppet hadn't enable passthrough on the TV :facepalm:

The sound is fantastic even without the sub. Though I am very keen to get that installed.
I thought you had a Samsung Atmos system? Going balls deep on the Sonos setup isn't cheap! I thought it wasn't getting setup until your TV was on the wall? :D

I thought you had a Samsung Atmos system? Going balls deep on the Sonos setup isn't cheap! I thought it wasn't getting setup until your TV was on the wall? :D
Shhhh! So far Emma hasn't noticed it. Though tbf, the rears dont look too different from the ones I had. The living room is a bit of a mess at the mo. We've got our older TV on the wall, and on the TV unit we have the soundbar (Now the Arc) is at the back and the new TV is sitting in front of it (For testing purposes obviously).

So unless you are looking for it, you currently can't see the soundbar for the new TV. ;)

My previous ATMOS soundbar system didn't allow for Dolby Vision pass through and obviously doesn't support HDMI 2.1 pass through for when the PS5 arrives.

I keeping thinging about moving on from my 5.1.2 B&W setup in a bid to make life a bit simpler as my 1 year old enjoys trying to climb the tv stand and poke his fingers in my CM Centre S2 :(

I just am concerend about a bit of buyers regret, however the 100 day return period is tempting.

I keeping thinging about moving on from my 5.1.2 B&W setup in a bid to make life a bit simpler as my 1 year old enjoys trying to climb the tv stand and poke his fingers in my CM Centre S2 :(

I just am concerend about a bit of buyers regret, however the 100 day return period is tempting.
You're in my camp. I have bought a 4500H have it sitting on the floor unopened... I think its overkill for my space and think SONOS would be the better option but if I cant get a refund then my mind will be made up.

I opened the 4500, took it out for a look (was excited ) reboxed it.

They have asked if its sealed and new.. technicially it is.

That’s the beauty of the 100 day return policy, you get a good chance to see if the Sonos is for you. :)

You're in my camp. I have bought a 4500H have it sitting on the floor unopened... I think its overkill for my space and think SONOS would be the better option but if I cant get a refund then my mind will be made up.

I opened the 4500, took it out for a look (was excited ) reboxed it.

They have asked if its sealed and new.. technicially it is.

Sadly my wife may see it differently, as we have the B&W CCM664 in the ceiling so to leave them up or remove them and make good if removing may be a hassle :(

Sadly my wife may see it differently, as we have the B&W CCM664 in the ceiling so to leave them up or remove them and make good if removing may be a hassle :(
Have you thought of changing the wife? :laugh:

Why are you turning off Atmos on the AppleTv ?

LPCM support will be good for those with EARC and a bluray if I understand correctly. But for streaming then Atmos on the appletv to an ARC or EARC tv works fine if the tv supports Dolby Atmos pass through ?

i have a Phillips Oled934 and get Atmos from appletv to my Sonos Arc with the ARC hdmi on the TV
Do you get any issues with lip sync or not? I do with my Apple TV and Philips 805 on the Arc. I am planning on upgrading to the Apple TV4K, but lip sync does concern me.

Anyone on here get sound dropping at all?

I do and there is huge threads on sonos forum with audio issue dropout issues, find it strange no one on here mentions it, perhaps mine is faulty.

I do and there is huge threads on sonos forum with audio issue dropout issues, find it strange no one on here mentions it, perhaps mine is faulty.
Mine drops out occasionally watching Sky, but I’m pretty sure that’s a known Sky Q issue. On internal TV apps the sound is perfect.

Mine drops out occasionally watching Sky, but I’m pretty sure that’s a known Sky Q issue. On internal TV apps the sound is perfect.

Mine doesn't drop while watching just when I switch sources, its annoying me, I might contact them.

Generally no. Sky footie drops out occasionally but that a long-time issue at Sky's end. The only other time it happens is if we watch iPlayer via the Sky Q - that can generate minute drop-outs every few minutes but it doesn't happen on iPlayer on my TV app so, again, it's clearly a Sky issue.

Other than those, nothing at all

No don’t get any drop outs. I did have an issue where sound would pause for a millisecond (just guessing :) ) when it came back it was out of sync (Video ahead of sound). Changing the source would clear it. However, that now seems to have sorted itself out. It’s annoying that I couldn’t pin point what the issue was:)

Do you have the universal remote setup with your ARC and cx, talking about that little remote icon above all the devices in HDMI port selection, I didn’t have it setup for the arc so just did it, trying everything currently to try to solve the issue.

Not sure why but I have never had any drop outs or glitches with mine on any source including Sky Q , Netflix , Amazon etc, mine runs through my LG E9.

Do you get any issues with lip sync or not? I do with my Apple TV and Philips 805 on the Arc. I am planning on upgrading to the Apple TV4K, but lip sync does concern me.

Have you tried the audio sync adjustment in Apple TV? I only found it the other day and after doing it I *think* that YouTube is better sync'd than before. Not had a chance to test on more content. Overall I've found the Arc better than when my TV (LG65C8) was fed into an AV Amp, but there are still issues.

Mine has never dropped during playback but I often have a ”no sound” issue on turning on the tv. Re-booting the ARC seems to solve this although not immediately which is very frustrating when it happens, monitoring for the time being as it’s hard to know if it’s a tv Earc issue or the ARC.

Mine has never dropped during playback but I often have a ”no sound” issue on turning on the tv. Re-booting the ARC seems to solve this although not immediately which is very frustrating when it happens, monitoring for the time being as it’s hard to know if it’s a tv Earc issue or the ARC.

Bit like mine then, drops when switching between sources, I hope over time firmwares will fix it, if not I will perhaps try a replacement down the line.

Do you have the universal remote setup with your ARC and cx, talking about that little remote icon above all the devices in HDMI port selection, I didn’t have it setup for the arc so just did it, trying everything currently to try to solve the issue.
55E13961-3F20-4D32-9AC3-EE54CE08F051.jpeg

That is what mine looks like. I haven’t specifically set up any remote to work with anything else, but they all just work! Can even use the LG remote to navigate around Xbox menus and selections.

Hi all

have the arc with a LG C7 and the fury, all working well apart from one thing. Every so often but at least once per day the LG screen goes black, the sound stays on. I have to turn the tv off and on again I get everything back and sometimesI have to move the hdmi switch selection as well.
Anyone else with the fury and arc seen this?

thanks

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom