Sonos Arc - 5.0.2 Dolby Atmos soundbar

Pair of SLs turned up today, paired them both (without trueplay) whilst listening to Spitfy and wow oh wow. One brilliant feature is you can make a Sonos playlist from different music sources so now I've got songs off Youtube music and music off Spotify under one single playlist. Just ordered the Flexson stand off Amazon.

Again wow oh wow. Roll on the Arc and the Sub

I was comparing the sound on the football last night. Using normal Sky HD channel for 5.1 and then switching to UHD and Atmos. Even with the fake crowd noise you can tell the soundstage is bigger and better with Atmos 👍🏻.

I was comparing the sound on the football last night. Using normal Sky HD channel for 5.1 and then switching to UHD and Atmos. Even with the fake crowd noise you can tell the soundstage is bigger and better with Atmos 👍🏻.
It always has been different even when forcing DD+ to tv and playing down sampled audio to Beam as 5.1.

Hi
Have 2 Sonos 5s running as a Stereo pair. I’ve ordered the Sonos Arc direct from Sonos, due to back orders won’t be shipping till around 25 th of this month. I haven’t heard the Arc just going on reviews etc. But I’m wondering if I should sell the 5s and use the Arc for music as well as TV. Or would the 5s be a better bet in stereo for stand alone Music ?
Thanks for any teplies
Ian

Hi
Have 2 Sonos 5s running as a Stereo pair. I’ve ordered the Sonos Arc direct from Sonos, due to back orders won’t be shipping till around 25 th of this month. I haven’t heard the Arc just going on reviews etc. But I’m wondering if I should sell the 5s and use the Arc for music as well as TV. Or would the 5s be a better bet in stereo for stand alone Music ?
Thanks for any teplies
Ian

I would suggest keeping the 5s, you can use them as surrounds with the arc and also to supplement the music.:thumbsup:

Hi
Thanks for any teplies
Ian
I've got both setups and I definitely wouldn't get rid of the 5's to just use the Arc. Anyone with a stereo pair of 5's probably takes music pretty seriously and the smaller soundstage alone would be a let down after a couple of well-positioned 5's.

I ordered the Flexson cable stands for the SLs from Amazon for £109. Seems they made a mistake as the box turned up with 3 pairs so 6 stands in total 😯

Currently have a Sonos beam and 2 x One SL at the rear abs to be honest I'm not overly impressed. I was thinking if sending them back under Amazon's 30 days return policy and swap them for a arc (no surrounds or sub for the time being). Would this be a worthwhile upgrade? Maybe I'm just too fussy but the beam really didn't wow me, in fact I was more impressed with my Edifier S1000DB powered speakers, especially for music.

Currently have a Sonos beam and 2 x One SL at the rear abs to be honest I'm not overly impressed. I was thinking if sending them back under Amazon's 30 days return policy and swap them for a arc (no surrounds or sub for the time being). Would this be a worthwhile upgrade? Maybe I'm just too fussy but the beam really didn't wow me, in fact I was more impressed with my Edifier S1000DB powered speakers, especially for music.
Although I have not listened to a lone Arc I suspect I would prefer a Beam and surrounds which I did run before slipping in the Arc. If you are not impressed by your existing for music then I would not recommend a stand-alone Arc for music. If I was heavily into music I would be trying a sub. The Arc does not impress me for music.

Although I have not listened to a lone Arc I suspect I would prefer a Beam and surrounds which I did run before slipping in the Arc. If you are not impressed by your existing for music then I would not recommend a stand-alone Arc for music. If I was heavily into music I would be trying a sub. The Arc does not impress me for music.
Thank you for your reply. Yeah I actually prioritise music over the TV so sounds like it wouldn't be the best option. Might go for a Dali soundbar or save up for the B&O stage instead. I have been slightly underwhelmed by Sonos and probably not for me so I'll give the arc a miss. Thanks again

So on the Loudness option, I usually listen at reasonably high volume, so would I be best having loudness to off?

So on the Loudness option, I usually listen at reasonably high volume, so would I be best having loudness to off?
Probably yes if you listen at high volumes. Give it a go both on and off see what you prefer :thumbsup:

That’s what I thought was normal but now it’s silent and I thought I was losing my mind.
The past few days when I turn everything on the Arc is at previous session volume. It’s a bit like getting into the car after a high speed motorway radio session. It seems loud. I am not aware of making any changes. One of life’s mysteries.

Does not matter really, the loudness setting drops off after a certain volume apparently, so it would make no difference, if you do happen to listen at lower volumes the loudness setting will have more effect, so you have “best of both”.
I find with it off, low volume listening can sound a little flat, I prefer a little more punch and depth the setting seems to bring.

Yes had a test tonight and definitely prefer with loudness on. Totally agree about lower volume sounding flat!

The acoustics of our room mean Loudness with the sub just has too much oomph. I have to lower bass and sub level even further, then as you turn the volume up the sub doesn't seem to come alive as much. So unfortunately doesn't work for me.

Anyone know what a solid green light on sub gen 3 means, I might have knocked the button when cleaning it but it didn’t go off so I turned it off/on at mains and it booted up as normal and no lights are displayed, so all good.

Just unsure what solid green may have signified, I know on the ARC it means it’s muted.

Anyone know what a solid green light on sub gen 3 means, I might have knocked the button when cleaning it but it didn’t go off so I turned it off/on at mains and it booted up as normal and no lights are displayed, so all good.

Just unsure what solid green may have signified, I know on the ARC it means it’s muted.
Same goes for the other speakers, it just means it’s muted. All mine go to green when I switch the tv and sky off .:)

Hi
Thanks for any teplies
Ian

Nooooo, dont do that, 2 x Fives are 1 billion % better than the Arc for music.

Gonna have a watch of this later

I still get a little shrillness although it diminishes if I turn down the hearing aid. As the aid is tuned to enhance high frequencies I do not know what is going on.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom