Sonos Arc - 5.0.2 Dolby Atmos soundbar

Always thought the Sub was tame until the other night, the Mrs ran downstairs to see what had collapsed Give it a go - Amazon Prime, The Boys, Episode 8 about 28:25 the scene where ATrain begins to pull the train, enjoy 😉

Always thought the Sub was tame until the other night, the Mrs ran downstairs to see what had collapsed Give it a go - Amazon Prime, The Boys, Episode 8 about 28:25 the scene where ATrain begins to pull the train, enjoy 😉

Sub +15?

Its a great series, looking forward to S2

New Sonos app update on Android, no software update though. Not sure what's been changed or tweaked on the app.
Same for iOS.

Performance enhancements and improved reliability it says.

Who's got the 77inch oled then 🤔

That's @Chillie6 rubbing off on me :blush: I've aged and lost my memory :eek:

I do apologise, I didn't realise you had it so bad! A 65inch oled, that's positively tiny :rotfl:

E59B1CF9-1BC2-4551-AF5C-1795D2DAFFE6.jpeg

Odd issue last night. Lost the centre channel on Netflix so could only hear music on the program we started. Tried Prime, Disney - same. Then tried some 5.1 content on SkyQ, also same. Had to reboot the Arc and it magically came back.

Anyone else seen this? Tv is a LG B7, no settings had been changed and the fact that a Arc reboot seemed to solve it points the finger at a Sonos issue.
Hi
I have had this and I also on a LG 55B7V, same thing i was watching a DTS movie through a Samsung M9000 transcoded to DD which was fine. i then switched to Netflix and had the Punisher on which is Atmos but the Sonos reported nothing (normally Dolby digital plus) i could hear cars and weapons but no centre channel speach. tried to change it but no joy until i turned everything off and waited a few minutes then when i turned it back on it was ok. It hasn't happened again.

Really considering wall mounting my Arc. My current TV is 7.5cm out from the wall, will it really he an issue if it's too close the TV for the upward firing speakers?

Also, to anyone who's got it wall mounted, could you please possibly tell me the gap in the centre of the Arc to the wall? I'm not sure if I can keep my trunking on the or if it will be too snug a fit.

Cheers.

Really considering wall mounting my Arc. My current TV is 7.5cm out from the wall, will it really he an issue if it's too close the TV for the upward firing speakers?

Also, to anyone who's got it wall mounted, could you please possibly tell me the gap in the centre of the Arc to the wall? I'm not sure if I can keep my trunking on the or if it will be too snug a fit.

Cheers.
Sorry can’t help you there. Mine sits on the tv stand, and being black it blends in with the black glass stand. As for snug fitting trunks, I couldn’t possibly comment :)

Cheers.
What distance would it leave between top of arc to tv?
Sonos say 10cm minimum but that doesn't mean much as all TVs protrude different amount.
mine will be closer than that and my c9 is probably about 6cm from the wall.
LG gx oled if I ever get it.. sits 24mm from the wall so can't see it being a problem.
the bit at the top back of the arc that doesn't have the grill holes, how far forward does that come ?
The atmos speakers on top fire forward and up so I imagine will clear most flatscreens.

What distance would it leave between top of arc to tv?
Sonos say 10cm minimum but that doesn't mean much as all TVs protrude different amount.
mine will be closer than that and my c9 is probably about 6cm from the wall.
LG gx oled if I ever get it.. sits 24mm from the wall so can't see it being a problem.
the bit at the top back of the arc that doesn't have the grill holes, how far forward does that come ?
The atmos speakers on top fire forward and up so I imagine will clear most flatscreens.

That was my thoughts thanks mate, I can't see that the upwards literally fire straight up like that.

I wasn't going to have it on the wall tbh but I can just see it looking smart

Cheers.
Hi. Not sure if it helps but this is the distance and a side shot of the tv angled down to clear upfiring, as far as trucking I mounted it then added trunking round it, the bracket only has enough room to thread cables behind it really.

Attachments

• 8D103905-93EE-45CA-A3DE-3FC08E98F3DF.jpeg
    8D103905-93EE-45CA-A3DE-3FC08E98F3DF.jpeg
    228 KB · Views: 82
  • 1088538A-ECA4-4189-9C56-776DEB946B88.jpeg
    1088538A-ECA4-4189-9C56-776DEB946B88.jpeg
    351.4 KB · Views: 87
Hi. Not sure if it helps but this is the distance and a side shot of the tv angled down to clear upfiring, as far as trucking I mounted it then added trunking round it, the bracket only has enough room to thread cables behind it really.

Thank you that's really helpful! Do you think the trunking could have ran all the way down without touching the Arc? Not dissing your setup, but mine just runs all the way down and I'd prefer not to redo it if I can! :eek:

Thank you that's really helpful! Do you think the trunking could have ran all the way down without touching the Arc? Not dissing your setup, but mine just runs all the way down and I'd prefer not to redo it if I can! :eek:
No offence taken bud, ideally that was my plan, on my old set-up I had trunking running right down but it was smaller (had less cables to run due to a one-connect box) & I cut a small hole to thread out the power & hdmi, but the size up I don’t think it would fit, the arc mount also sticks out in the middle by about 1/2cm so it may be tricky either way. 🤔

Well Sonos tracking say my Arc will be delivered today, but DHL website doesn’t have any update since being in Holland on Monday....!

No offence taken bud, ideally that was my plan, on my old set-up I had trunking running right down but it was smaller (had less cables to run due to a one-connect box) & I cut a small hole to thread out the power & hdmi, but the size up I don’t think it would fit, the arc mount also sticks out in the middle by about 1/2cm so it may be tricky either way. 🤔

Of course it does, silly me! Thanks for reminding me! I forgot the bracket was a solid piece. :blush:

Well Sonos tracking say my Arc will be delivered today, but DHL website doesn’t have any update since being in Holland on Monday....!

I had email from DHL when it had shipped so I could track it all the way from Europe. :)

I had email from DHL when it had shipped so I could track it all the way from Europe. :)
Yes so did I when they shipped my Sub a few weeks ago. Pretty sure Arc won’t be delivered today. Not in a rush for it anyway luckily!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom